Newborns have a very sensitive digestive system and are easily prone to gas problems which makes them feel uncomfortable. So, to avoid this you can opt for the Formula milk which is specially for gassy babies.
What causes gas problems in babies?
There are mainly three reasons which causes gas problems:
- Intolerance towards lactose
- Sucking more amount of gas
- weak digestive system
Market contains a numerous options for baby formulas. Some contains high amount of iron, fatty acids, etc. On the other side there are certain milk formulas with lactose while some are without. So, it is confusing to choose the right one for your baby. Isn’t it? Well, our experts have reduced your work and chosen top 7 formulas which are highly nutritious, easy to feed, etc. However, the detailed explanation of these features is given in the buying guide here.
We have picked up few of the things and made a comparison table for your convenience:
Top 7 Best Formulas For Gasy Babies
|Formula||Probiotic||DHA and ARA||Buy Now|
|Enamil||Yes||Yes||Check The Price|
|Gerber Good Start||Yes||Yes||Check The Price|
|Similac||No||Yes||Check The Price|
|Enamil||No||Yes||Check The Price|
|Baby’s Only||No||No||Check The Price|
|Earth’s Best||Yes||Yes||Check The Price|
|Enfamil||No||Yes||Check The Price|
Enamil baby formula is introduced in 1959 and later produced variety of formula milks for babies. One among them is Nutramigen LGG infant formula which is hypoallergenic for babies with cow’s milk allergy and is our first priority due to 2 major reasons they are:
- Capable to build baby’s immune system
- Contains a probiotic called LGG which is safe.
Babies with cow’s milk allergy also have a greater tendency of getting other allergies such as asthma or eczema. Nutramigen formula milk has been clinically tested and proven to reduce the allergy and build baby’s immune system against intolerance to milk proteins.
Using this formula not only results in reduction of acid fluxes and gases but the presence of probiotic LGG helps in reducing the constipation problem.
This formula contains all the necessary nourishments needed by your baby as well as DHA and choline which promotes brain development and is highly recommended by babies.
It is prepared without sucrose because it may be difficult for some babies to digest.
Using this formula 90 % of babies have shown affinity towards cow’s milk within 48 hours.
Though the cost may be higher when compared with all other products but it is very easy to digest by your baby and he/she will be surely happy after using this.
Instructions: Store cans at room temperature and once unsealed use contents within 1 month. Shake well before feeding.
- Builds immune system
- Easy to digest
- Shows result within 48 hours
- Promotes brain development
- Contains probiotic
- Bad smell
The Gerber good start soothe is second product in our list because it is made with 100% high quality whey protein which is broken down into small parts for easy digestion.
This product contains 30% of the lactose which was totally absent in first product.
It is one of the most recommended formulas for babies with tummy issues like gas, colic and burping after feeding.
The formula has all the nourishment required for first year baby such as, DHA, probiotics, prebiotics and fatty acids which provide support to the development of eye and brain. DHA and fatty acids are naturally present in breast milk.
The presence of B. Lactic probiotic helps in supporting a healthy digestive system. Gerber formula is well suited for gassy and sensitive babies. It is not prepared with any of the genetically engineered ingredients so it is safe for your babies.
The additional feature of this product is, it comes with a hotline to call, where you can ask anything related to your baby’s health. You get a quick and trustable response immediately by the experts.
- Presence of probiotic
- Small parts of protein
- Contains DHA and fatty acids
- Smells bad
Our third product i.e. Similac Alimentum is similar to our first product because both of them have hypo allergic formula for those who are allergic towards cow’s milk.
This formula contains a predigested milk protein that is broken into small parts to eliminate the digestion problem. It is available as ready to feed which doesn’t much of your time.
It includes DHA, ARA, iron and other special nutrients that are found in breast milk which are important for helping in development of brain and eye. It is free of palm olein oil and gluten which are unsafe for babies.
Based on clinical study it has been proved to reduce excessive crying which was due to protein sensitivity within 24 hours.
- Includes DHA and ARA
- Small parts of protein
- Palmolein free
- Gluten free
- Acts fast
- Highly expensive
Enfamil Prosobee infant Formula is a soy based formula which contains plant sourced protein that is easy to digest by small babies. It is perfect for the vegetarians as a diary free alternative.
It helps in reducing fussiness and gas which is mainly caused due to milk based formulas. It contains DHA which helps in brain development of babies.
Enfamil Prosobee is designed lactose free specially for babies with sensitive tummies. They are available in ready to use bottles for convenient purposes.
It is suitable for babies of age group between 6 months to 12 months of age. This formula is clinically proven to reduce gases and fussiness within 24 hours.
These formulas don’t contain any artificial flavorings, sweeteners or colors. The presence of vitamins found in Enfamil prosobee is manufactures to help in promoting a healthy immune system.
- Lactose free
- DHA is present
- Safe to use
- Purely vegetarian
- Builds immune system
- Soy smell is very strong.
The “Nature’s Only” company was founded in 1997 and is one of the leading brands in organic medical nutrition, specially in baby care products. Their famous formula is ‘Baby’s Only Organic Dairy Formula’ which is strictly organic. This is lactose free and kosher baby formula.
A very special feature of this formula is it contains a hexane free DHA and ARA oils which are purely made from egg yolks. Hexane is one of the toxic chemical usually used to extract DHA which is unsafe for babies.
Even though this formula doesn’t contain any DHA or ARA, there are lot of other fatty acids that helps in healthy development of brain.
This formula doesn’t use any corn syrup or palm olein oil which can lead to weak bones in small babies. Brown rice syrup is added as a sweetener which tastes good for babies.
It meets all the nutritional requirements set by American Academy of Pediatrics and FDA. Hence, it is safe for infants and provides necessary nutrition up to twelve months of age.
Many parents reported that, it is one of the perfect thing for babies with sensitive tummies and having gas problem.
- Hexane free
- Purely organic
- Helps in development of brain
- Contains all nutrients
- Brown rice syrup is an artificial sweetener
Earth’s Best has dedicated over 30 years to provide your baby with the complete nutrition that is needed for their growth.
Earth’s best organic infant Formulas are made up of high quality protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals and all the essential fatty acids. Earth’s best organic formula with iron meets all FDA requirement for baby’s nutrition.
It contains Omega-3 DHA and Omega-4 ARA fatty acids which has all the special nutrients that are found in breast milk. These fatty acids are helpful in development of brain and eye. This doesn’t contain any growth hormones, antibiotics, steroids or pesticides which may have adverse effect on baby’s health.
They are very easy to digest by the babies and are more affordable when compared with Baby’s Only Organic Dairy Formula.
It has lutein for eyes and prebiotic fructooligo saccharides for building immunity till the age of 12 months.
This organic milk based powder contains twice the DHA that is found in other organic formulas. It uses organic lactose and organic glucose as the resource of carbohydrate.
Earth’s best organic formula is being certified as Purely organic and kosher. It doesn’t contain any kind of genetically modified ingredients. There are no artificial flavours, colours or any kind of harmful preservatives.
- Organic certified
- Contains all nutrients
- Has iron
- No artificial flavours
- Doesn’t help for constipation
Last product from our list is Enfamil Premium Gentlease formula which is specially designed to ease fussiness and gas within 24 hours. It has high amount of nutrients that are necessary for development of 12 months old babies.
The proteins are partially broken down into smaller pieces for easy digestion by babies.
The unique Triple Health Guard has 30 nutrients for growth as well as vitamins and nutrients to support immune system.
This is the only baby formula to have both inositol and DHA which are present in breast milk and helps in nourishment of brain. This formula has non-GMO ingredients which is recommended by paediatricians. It is available in ready to use liquid bottles.
Enfamil Gentlease is a milk powder that contains iron for healthy red blood cells and brain development, neurological and cognitive development.
- Has both inositol and DHA
- Contains iron
- Develops overall body
- Readily available
- Absence of probiotic.
A Few Things To Consider While Purchasing Formulas
There are certain things to be taken into consideration while purchasing formulas for your baby:
- Easy to digest: Baby’s digestive system is sensitive so, purchase the formula that is easily digestible by your babies.
- Reduced amount of lactose: Some babies have intolerance against lactose or they may have slight sensitivity towards it. In such case choose a formula which is either lactose free or has less amount of lactose.
- Vitamins and Nutrients: The formula milk you buy should have DHA, ARA and other proteins and vitamins similar to natural breast milk.
- Ready to feed: These formulas should be easy to use. You should just open and serve. Try to look for such feature.
Types of Formulas
There are 5 different types of Formula milks for babies:
- Cow’s Milk Formula: Almost all the baby formula has cow milk as their main ingredient. Few of the manufacturers just alter the protein present in it for easy digestion of babies.
- Soy Based Formula: This type of formula is recommended by doctors if you are a vegan or incase where your child faces problem in digesting cow based milk formula. Here, manufacturer modifies the plant protein to help is easy digestion.
- Lactose Free Formula: Some babies are intolerant towards lactose. In such cases, pediatrician will recommend a formula that is lactose free, where lactose is replaced by corn syrup which contains equal amount of proteins.
- Hydrolyzed Formula: In this type the proteins are broken down into smaller parts for easy digestion. It is highly recommended for babies who has difficulty in digesting nutrients.
- Metabolic Formula: If your baby often falls ill due to reduced metabolism rate, then the doctor recommends Metabolic Formula.
Few Steps to be Followed While Preparing Formula Milk
- Make sure baby’s feeding bottle is clean and sanitized.
- Boil the water and allow it to cool down to the temperature of about 70 degrees Celsius.
- Go through the instructions on the formula milk packet and know how much quantity is to be mixed.
- Now put water upto the desired level, then add the formula milk powder.
- Close the lid of the bottle and shake it, so that the powder is mixed properly.
- Before you feed your baby, please make sure the milk is not too hot. You can test it by tipping a few drops on your wrist.
- If its too hot, then allow it to cool by taking a bowl of water with normal temperature and rest the bottle inside it for sometime.
Formula milk can be the best substitute for breast milk because, it contains all the necessary nutrients, vitamins, etc. which are required for baby’s development.
Our team has done a vast research and selected Enamil Nutramigen LGG infant Formula as first product as it is found to be most effective formula for gassy babies. This is because it has probiotic, builds immune system, fast process and easy to use.
Whenever you are purchasing kindly go through its features like it is with or without lactose, presence of nutrients, vitamins etc.
If you have any queries, kindly write down to us in the comment section below. Our experts will clarify them as soon as possible.